Honeywell s9000 comms issues

shaun croman

I'm having some seemingly random ethernet faults on a Honeywell s9000.
What happens is that the ethernet card goes offline and the LPM has to be reset- The SCADA it connects to is a FIX32 system using the honeywell driver for the s9000. I have in parallel running an Iconics system using Kepware with a user configurable driver over tcp/ip

Im a bit stumped to explain this as it is not always the same honeywell PLC that goes off line (Oh yeah it uses 10base2-thin ethernet- everything else uses 10base or 100base T)

I would be grateful for feedback from anyone that has had similar issues

Honeywell S9000 Driver

What is the actual name of the driver that you are using to talk to the honeywell s9000 over ethernet with your Fix system? I've been using a Standard Automation MAS9000 driver and having lots of issues with it myself. Looking for alternatives.

BTW, your problem with the ethernet communication could be a faulty AUI adapter on the ELPM module. Try replacing it.

Thanks

Mike Thanks for your reply- I have since got rid of FIX32 altogether but what you said about a possible card fault would suggest something thats happening now