Honeywell Station Designer / HC900 Fgen question

ltfordnr

Howdy yall,
Im looking for a way to write to an FGen block from station designer with a 10" display.
anyone out there tried this?
all replies welcome

The Write Constant (WCON) Function Block (FB)is used to write a value internal to a Function Block identified as an index value.

Sometimes the index values are shown in the Help file for a function block, other times you need to check the manual to see what's available as an index value.

The screen shot below for the FGEN FB shows index values:
34nfrk3.jpg

The Write Constant uses an analog variable and an enable signal to write to these index values:

2rpfzpf.jpg

34i4tg8.jpg

In the Control Station, both the analog variable and the enable signal will appear in the listing of HC-900 data tags (under analog variable and whatever you use as an enable signal) in the right hand window.

Under the Primitives > 10" Widgets there's an analog variable widget that you can bind to the analog variable in WCON block.
35l7vc7.jpg

Howdy yall,
Im looking for a way to write to an FGen block from station designer with a 10" display.
anyone out there tried this?
all replies welcome

danw is correct. This is the only way to write to the function generator X/Y pairs.

This is one of the few shortcomings I have found in the HC900.

I use a lot of WCON blocks to reconfigure other blocks on the fly, especially the FGEN block (for loading thermocouple corrections).
Yes I have a big gripe going on with Honeywell on what you can and can't write to with Modbus.

The other big gripe is the SPP block, you cannot write to it once the SPP is started. All you can do is Run/Hold/End and Advance Segment. I would love to be able to edit the Ramp, Soak Temp, and Soak Time after the SPP program is operating (and No, it will not work when in Hold either, you have to reload a new SPP cycle to edit).

I use a lot of WCON blocks to reconfigure other blocks on the fly, especially the FGEN block (for loading thermocouple corrections).
Yes I have a big gripe going on with Honeywell on what you can and can't write to with Modbus.

The other big gripe is the SPP block, you cannot write to it once the SPP is started. All you can do is Run/Hold/End and Advance Segment. I would love to be able to edit the Ramp, Soak Temp, and Soak Time after the SPP program is operating (and No, it will not work when in Hold either, you have to reload a new SPP cycle to edit).

I believe you can edit any segment after the current one you are in. Just put it in hold first.

I believe you can edit any segment after the current one you are in. Just put it in hold first.

This might be a good discussion for a new thread.
But I have been n conversation with Honeywell TAC about this issue.
HW is aware it cannot be done.
It has even been moved up in priority to HW programmers to allow it.

When you are using Modbus to operate he SPP block. Yo can only edit the cycle before it is downloaded. I have tried to edit a segment (even ahead of he ctive segment) with the program in hold, but it will not accept the edit. It even says so in the HW Modbus comm manual that you cannot the cycle once it has been started, even after putting it in hold.
Editing the process cycle after it has started is not allowed, even in hold.

There are rumors that some people have done it, but I haven't seen any proof.

You should be able to edit the active segment and future segments.

This might be a good discussion for a new thread.
But I have been n conversation with Honeywell TAC about this issue.
HW is aware it cannot be done.
It has even been moved up in priority to HW programmers to allow it.

When you are using Modbus to operate he SPP block. Yo can only edit the cycle before it is downloaded. I have tried to edit a segment (even ahead of he ctive segment) with the program in hold, but it will not accept the edit. It even says so in the HW Modbus comm manual that you cannot the cycle once it has been started, even after putting it in hold.
Editing the process cycle after it has started is not allowed, even in hold.

There are rumors that some people have done it, but I haven't seen any proof.

You should be able to edit the active segment and future segments.

Sounds like you have used an SPP since I have. If I can find time I may pull out an old project and play with it. I used to do 5 - 10 SPP projects a year but our project mix has changed over the last few years and I don't do as many.