Hot Water Generation

rsdoran said:
Did not say it was something to do now but like I said, "the old days", you know back when they did not have control systems per se. You would, I was taught too, use a small pump to cycle oil through BUT with plug out you do not (should not) obtain pressure therefore system should shutdown quickly and nothing gets harmed.

Casey was just being funny, and I was attempting to also but do not forget that there was a time many of us had to work without all them thar new fangled gadgets like plcs etc.

Oh - no worries Ron - it just crossed my mind that it might be serious - you would be amazed how many people would actually do something like that - eg draining the water out to see if the high temp alarm stopped it before the pistons melting did .....

DISCLAIMER!

If you are not a trained and experienced professional, you should not be testing generator sets or electrical control systems with live electricity present. With rotating engines, you should not be draining fluids for testing purposes without the direct consent of the person owning the equipment and the full understanding of what damage could happen to the equipment, yourself, and other bystanders.

Keep one hand in your pocket, and the other hand in the other pocket.

Do not pass go, do not collect $200. MSRP does not reflect state or federal sales tax. Take two I/O, and program a PLC in the morning!

Last edited: