How can I connect Beckhoff KL9050 to my pc?

There is nothing to program on KL7200, it is a bus coupler, not a PLC. It looks like some very rare thing, not even listed on Beckhoff web site. It provides remote I/O for devices running CTNet fieldbus manufactured by company Control Technics (I think this is an Emerson affiliate).

There may be a need to change the configuration of the bus coupler using a small connector on the bottom; for that you will need KS2000 software and cable form Beckhoff.

Start with just getting TwinCAT 3 on your computer. You can program through their trial licenses directly on your computer. No harware (Besides said computer) necessary.

TwinCAT 3 is available from their website in the downloads section.

Hello

I have a Beckhoff KL9050 module
https://www.dropbox.com/s/axo7n7g1gbtmmfj/bk7200.png?dl=0

I was wondering if anyone has experience working with Beckoff systems and knows how i can connect it to my pc and program it. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

As I know KL9050 is a module for extending K-BUS (a serial bus between KL cards of Beckhoff) and is usually used with KL9020 and I think you can not connect it directly to the PC.

I want to get into programming Beckhoff PLCs, what would be a good place to start?

There are some good Youtube videos for getting started--search for "beckhoff twincat" and you'll find them. Unfortunately Beckhoff doesn't provide a lot of "getting started" materials; I've found this to be frustrating as I'm also trying to learn Twincat. Their online help system (infosys.beckhoff.com) is comprehensive but meant to be more of a reference than a tutorial.

I'd also suggest this book:
http://www.amazon.com/IEC-61131-3-Programming-Requirements-Decision-Making/dp/3642120148/
I'm reading through it now and it's a good introduction to the IEC 61131-3 programming standard, which Twincat seems to follow pretty faithfully.

Last edited: