How can we use RS link Gateway as remote OPC server for Cimplicity HMI OPC client

Surferb,

As you said i open the Hardware Firewall Port 50000 between two domain so that my client PC will communicate with Server PC through Metrikon OPC tunneler , but it is not working giving error as " Incorrect PC name or Not IN NETWORK " ( At client gateway configuration in tunneler. i made port setting as 50000 ) . Also when i tried to ping both PC on different domain i.e. one on (172.21.0.xx ) & other on (172.27.0.xx) , are not pinging .So tell me what goes wrong & which other ports should i open in Hardware firewall so that my both PC should get ping.

Also i have one question that i installed tunneler on client as well as Server PC in same domain . Both pc were communicating only when i made port setting 21379 ( By default ) in client side gateway configuration Tunneler. Is there any limitation for tunnler for port numbers for unlicensed copy ?

What's the subnet mask on the 172.21.0.xx and 172.27.0.xx computers? They need to be able to communicate with each other - either on the same network or with a router.

You shouldn't have any port limitations. Did you try changing the port on the client and server (to the same one) after it was initially working?

Subnet Mask on Both domain is 255.255.0.0

I tried port changing i.e.made 50000 on tunnler Client side gateway but it is giving error that PC name incorrect or Not in network.

Hi Nitin,

Did you set the server side's port on the other PC? Changing the port setting in the client side gateway config will not change the port on the server side. Modifying the server's port is described on page 49 of the manual.

If you have any other issues, give us a shout. You can contact MatrikonOPC at www.OPCSupport.com

Last edited:
You're having problems because those computer aren't on the same network! They need to be able to communicate. You should get a successful ping before even thinking about tunneller settings (unless you have a really strict firewall set between). With that subnet mask the first 2 numbers need to match.

Either:
1. Change addresses/add another address to one machine
2. Put a router in between
3. etc.

A tunneller is designed to tunnel OPC/DCOM over a single port in a routed TCP/IP network. It is not a router.

Subnet Mask on Both domain is 255.255.0.0

I tried port changing i.e.made 50000 on tunnler Client side gateway but it is giving error that PC name incorrect or Not in network.

Last edited: