How do I prioritize timers?

mattbdb

I have 14 assembly lines and an LED display with a siren looking light and a list of 18 tunes. There are 3 cells (each cell is 4-5 assembly lines), and there needs to be one song for each cell. When an assembly line in a particular cell goes down, then a specific tune is supposed to go off while the siren light flashes. My problem is is an assembly line in cell 1 goes down and then a line in cell 2 goes down, I need to have 1 song for cell 1 to go off for 8 seconds, then when thats done I need a song to go off for cell 2 for 8 seconds. How do I prioritize where if another cell is activated, the 2nd cell's song will wait for the first cells song to go 8 seconds, then play? Send me an email if my question is confusing.

Matt,

Look here at my response to your earlier question - especially the bottom part of the reply. By sounding the second alarm only if there is no first alarm or if the first alarm timer is done, you should be able to get what you want. You will obviously have to expand this technique to cycle through all of your individual alarms . . .

Good luck,

Marc

You simply have to latch alarm_pending_x bits for each individual alarms when the alarm condition is active.
You have a play_tune_x for each alarm_pending_x bit.
You have a bit tune_playing .

If one of tune_playing_x is set you set tune_playing.

IF tune_playing is NOT set AND if one of all alarm_pending_x bits is set, you latch play_tune_x bit for that alarm.

When one alarm "tune" is finished playing after 8 sec, you unlatch the alarm_pending_x for that alarm AND unlatch play_tune_x.

Sure hope that the above makes sense to you lolis

My first thought was to use a FIFO. Seeing as how you only need to queue up at most 3 songs I'm not sure if this is the best solution or if the previous suggestions would be better.

grs