How do you remove the Schneider Driver Manager

Doug_Adam

Hi All,

I loaded unity pro a few days ago, and now i have a problem with my pc freezing.
I don't know if this was causing the problem, but i wanted to remove it as a precaution. I managed to remove all exept the Driver manager (see pic).

Any idea of how to get it off?

schneider driver manager.jpg

Don't you hate that? I installed it inside a Virtual Box to avoid any problems Doug. Main one I had was the ruddy Modbus driver would not shut down. Would suggest you do the same.

Hi Bob, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I have been toying with virtualisation for a while. This event has motivated me.

As things turned out, my pc stopped freezing soon after I posted this. For no apparent reason. So Thanks for trying. and thanks seppoalanen.

If anyone does know how to do this, I would still like to know.
Don't know if this was the cause of my problem.

URuninstaller

Hi Bob, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I have been toying with virtualisation for a while. This event has motivated me.

As things turned out, my pc stopped freezing soon after I posted this. For no apparent reason. So Thanks for trying. and thanks seppoalanen.

If anyone does know how to do this, I would still like to know.
Don't know if this was the cause of my problem.

Find "URuninstaller"

http://www.ursoftware.com/

This will uninstall anything, completely, local files, registry, everything.

I have been using the 2008 version for awhile and I love it, it even uninstalls things that are supposed to not allow uninstall, like pesky antivirus software.

Unity PRO is not something I would want to keep on my PC. After I did one project with it, I noticed issues too. I had it installed inside XPmode, so I just deleted the VHD.

With Win7 and 64 bit many people have come to realize that VMs are actually a great way to go, even if you don't really have to.

Virtual Box, VMware work, but I really like XPmode. Seamless hardware integration, no weird stuff, easy setup, AND a free copy of WinXP auto installs on first open in a few minutes

This might be a negative if you want to load a different OS. I don't know if you can load other OSs in "XPmode", it might work.