How to be able to ping devices on profinet via PLC connection?

plcnoob69

Hi everyone,

I have a Siemens PLC and a CP. I have several devices connected via profinet on the CP PN/IO port.

I also connected the G-BIT port of the CP wit my PLC.

I think there should be a way for me to ping the G-BIT and consequently all the devices that are connected to the CP via profinet.

Currently I am able to ping my PLC, but not the G-BIT nor the devices.

Could someone explain what am I supposed to do? How should I route these things?

If it matters, the PLC, G-BIT and profinet devices are all on different networks.

If your PLC was on the same network as the devices, it would not be a problem.
Even though it is separate networks are the connected together somewhere by an Ethernet switch?
A program like Profinet Commander might help.