GE VersaMax Dropping Variable Values

I am working on a well production control panel with a GE VersaMax (IC200CPUE05). There is a power issue on the platform with the solar chargers that is causing the system to loose power every night.

Each day when the system powers back on, the PLC resets all of the operator entered safety setpoints back to 0's. Or for some the setpoints will be set to -50 for the low and 1000 for the high, but they are all reset to some default value.

I fully understand that the power issue needs to be addressed, and I have 2 new solar panels and new batteries on order.

What I dont get is why these variables are reset to default values each time it powers off? shouldnt these be held up in memory by the CPU battery?

What software are you using to program the CPU? Machine Edition is the preferred package, as long as your hardware is supported. You should be able to set the Initial Value for each of the setpoints, so that it will be retained on power cycle.

What software are you using to program the CPU? Machine Edition is the preferred package, as long as your hardware is supported. You should be able to set the Initial Value for each of the setpoints, so that it will be retained on power cycle.

I have the Proficy ME version 8.0. I was considering setting the initial values but these setpoints change from time to time after the operators run a range chart. so usually quarterly.

Is the way GE handles its data storage different from AB? I know with AB the data table values are stored on a power cycle, so they come back online with setpoints and analog reads already populated

It may be that there is a program and RAM info that is saved in Flash and auto relaoded on power up. Check this in the hardware config of the CPU change as needed the download the new config, saving to Flash as needed.