How to calculate the day of the week?

daylight savings time

I have mentioned this in my previous posts on this subject.
You need to account for the daylight savings time since you are
allerting the operator each day at the same time.
You can develop a routine in the PLC that automatically resets the time during the equinox.

Steve Meisel said:
Remeber Daylight Savings time is at 2:00am the first Sunday in April and the last Sunday in October.

Except in Ozz where it's at 2:00am the last Sunday in October and the first Sunday in April... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Thanks for all the replies, i'll delete the code i wrote and use the S:53 function.
I'll have to take into account day light saving....forgot about that...Doh!

Cheers
Sparky ;)

Day of Week

Note that when the RSS program is converted to PLC5, the subtract amount for rounding floats to integers has to change from 0.5 to 0.4999 because of the odd way PLC5s round. Also you cannot use more than three 9s as 0.49999 gets rounded to 0.5. bonkhead