How to clear COUNTER content when power is turned OFF ???

helas

HI All

I have Omron CQM1-CPU44
I am writing ladder diagram for semaphores
COUNTER, unlike TIMER, don't clear content when power is turned OFF and I need from COUNTER to start count from the beginning the next time when power is turned ON
I don't want to back up COUNTER Area when power is turned OFF !!!
Does anybody know how can I solve this?
banghead

Does your PLC have a built-in 'First Scan' contact? If so, use it to reset the counter. If not create these rungs as the first two lines of your ladder logic.

Continue First_Scan
---]/[--------------( )-
Continue
--------------------( )-

Last edited:
I did it with built-in function "First Cycle Flag": she turns ON for 1 cycle at the start of operation.

Thank you all, anyway

Use the first scan flag into the BSET function. If your counter area is properly organised, the BSET (blockset) function can be used to set a whole data area (you specify the area) to #0000. The # symbol represents constant, and will write 0000 (BCD) to the specified area.

Vey usefull old instruction. Has been available since about 1992 or 3.