How to clear "Rung Edit" , 'e'

OWENLEONG

Hi,

I am trying to clear the "e" on one of my rslogic5000 rung, unfortunately i can not do that, therefore the rung is not true whenever i go online, i still able to go online but the routine will not active.

How to solve this problem ? any idea ? thks

The "e" in RSLogix5000 indicates you have an error preventing the rung from being loaded into the controller.

At the top of the screen you will see two icons (next to the zoom icons) that look like green checks. Those icons will check for errors in your logic. Click on the one to the left to check only the open routine. Click the one on the right to check for errors in the entire controller.

An error window will appear at the bottom of the screen identifying the specific error. Use that information to fix the error. If you are unsure, take a screenshot and post here and someone will help you out.

OG

Is teh rung onscan and displaying the 'e' to the left of the rung number as it does when you are editing and there are errors on the rung?
Dose the rung have any UNK instructions on it.

Try going online and then do a full upload, this solved it when I had the problem.

OG made the correct comment....

The rung with the "e" next to it is an incomplete edit in the PC, not in the controller !!

Lower-case letters denote edits in the programming terminal, and a rung with "e" next to it cannot be sent into the controller, it must be "fixed" first. When the rung is valid, it will automatically change the "e" to an "i", and then you can "Accept Edits" to send it into the controller. When the "i" rung goes into the controller, it will change to "I" - Upper-case letters denote edits that exist in the controller.

This rung will not be scanned by the controller until you "Test Edits", then you will have the opportunity to test the rung does what it is supposed to.

If you need to change the rung again, you can "Untest Edits", and then start a new edit on the rung. When you "Accept Edits" again (to send the modified rung to the controller), it will replace the "I" rung in the controller, "Test Edits" and "Assemble Edits" if all is OK.