how to configure the 1761-NET-AIC+

Jay_wu

Hello, Dear.
I have a question about the 1761-NET-AIC+.
Our company has a equipment barcode scanner which need to be connected with the AB PLC DH485 interface. But our scanner only has the RS232 interface so that we need the 1761-NET-AIC+ to convert the RS232 to DH485.
I am so sorry that i am a new beginner of the AB PLC.
Could you please kindly tell me how to do the configuration of this network?(RS232-DH485)in PLC sofeware like RSLogix 5000? Like the node setting, network configure?
Can you please in detailed?
(Sorry i don't know the exactly PLC type.)
Thank you very much in advance for your attentions.

The NET-AIC+ module is simply a converter. It does not occupy a node position on a network therefore there is nothing to configure. If your bar code scanner has a 9 pin D-type connector you plug it in port 1, the only place it will fit.
DH-485 is the long rectangular 6 pin connector known as port 3. Set the baud rate selector switch to auto if you don't know the talk speed. If you have a high noise area where this will be operating you may have to set the baud rate switch to the specific baud rate of the network.

It is extremely unlikely that your barcode reader supports the Allen-Bradley DH-485 protocol.

You need to understand the protocol, not just the electrical connection, used by the port on your barcode scanner. It is almost certainly ASCII protocol.

Next, you need to understand the PLC make and model and the capabilities of its various ports.