How to connect PLC PID to Motor Drive????

rajesh_gklm

Hai friends,

I want to connect my PLC to motor drive. I am using EZ touch PLC. I wrote program to control the speed. The process variable is length and is available through RS485.The output of PID is mapped to analog output module. How can i physically connect to motor drive???

I am a beginner!!

Thank You

Which drive do you have and does it have an analog input?
You would wire your PLC analog out to the Drive analog input and set a parameter in the drive to use the analog in as the speed reference.

Hope this helps

Your drive will require a Start/Stop relay output signal, a Forward/Reverse relay output signal, and an analog 0-10V speed signal, at minimum.

Some drives can be set to use one "closure" from the PLC as the "Run Forward" command.

As the others have stated, you will need a "speed reference" from the analog OUTPUT of your PLC to the analog INPUT of your VFD. The output from the PLC and the input to the VFD will BOTH have to be set (optioned/wired/selected) to either "4 to 20ma" or "0 to 10volts" for them to communicate.

Stationmaster