How to disable Autorun in PanelView Plus 1000?

I am not sure if everyone completely understands this just yet, do you mean the process in the PLC starts automatically? If so, can you isolate the permissive rung, and see if you an isolate the issue that way? That is where I would be starting.

It definitely sounds like a very dangerous condition, and that the PLC code maybe is not as robust as it needs to be....

No, the process in the PLC did NOT start automatically. It's the main display in PV+ that starts automatically.

I should clarify that when the display in PV+ shows that it's running, the PLC is NOT running. Nothing is being energized. Even when I download the PV+ application to the PV+ terminal, and connect it to the PLC and all the equipments, nothing is energized and nothing is actually running, except that the PV+ displays are showing that they are running. Does this make sense? So I don't think it's the PLC problem here.

OK So I'm trying to attach the PV+ apa file here. But um... where do I find that apa file? I'm a complete newbie and this is my 1st time using PV+. Please forgive my stupid questions. :)

No, the process in the PLC did NOT start automatically. It's the main display in PV+ that starts automatically.
Well, that is reassuring!!

I should clarify that when the display in PV+ shows that it's running, the PLC is NOT running.
so the graphics are indicating running status, when the tag they are attached to is not in the state that would indicate running?

except that the PV+ displays are showing that they are running. Does this make sense? So I don't think it's the PLC problem here
Sort of, lets try and simplify it a bit. You have a motor,
Off = Grey
Running = Green
Faulted = Red
when you download the app to the PV+, even though the motor is stopped, the display for it shows that it is green?

D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects
This is where my .apa files are, should be the same for you...

Is you problem that if you reboot the terminal, the application loads automatically? Would you prefer it to start up on the configuration screen instead of loading the application?

If so, you can either change the name of the application before you download it, or when it powers up, there will be a small white box in one of the lower corners (if the firmware is newer). If you press the white box, it will go to the configuration screen instead of the application. You will then need to navigate to terminal settings, then start up options. You will see an option to automatically load the current app. I'm not sure of the exact terminology.

Hopefully this was what you are after.

Okay, I think I now understand know what is going on.

The PV+ shows the objects in the wrong state...

I have seen this before with the PV+. Are these multistate pushbuttons or maintained pushbuttons? If so, what do you have selected on the General tab, under State Settings for Next State Based On?

If you choose Current State (default) the button can lie to you...If you choose Value, then it is supposed to read the tag to determine the next state, and should match the value in the PLC.

This bit me when I made my very first edit to an existing PV+ app. The default setting is current state which means the panelview will randomly lie to you. I have no idea why anyone ever would want the panelview to potentially display wrong and dangerously misleading information, but the rockwell software guys must get a nice chuckle out of it.

Let us know if this helps...

Paul

OK So I'm trying to attach the PV+ apa file here. But um... where do I find that apa file?

In Studio, go to the menu bar Tools, then Application Manager... then choose the app type (Machine Edition for Panelview Plus) Then choose Backup Application. Then choose the file you want to back up, and then give it a name and destination.

This is the only correct way to create files that can be moved and easily opened from other machines...

Once you get that file created, you can right click it and Send To Compressed (zipped) Folder.

This forum restricts what file types can be attached to a post, but zip files are okay...

The file is still too big to be uploaded here. So I uploaded on yousendit.com, and here's the link.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=VGlmV0p6VEhOMUNGa1E9PQ

I think I figure out what's wrong with the graphics. OkiePC, you're right about the multistates buttons/displays. Once I have them properly configured and linked to the right tags, they stop behaving abnormally. And the graphics are no longer running.

Now I have a new problem though. Looks like there are invisible buttons/displays that are linking to tags that are no longer available. The "diagnostics" screen pops up everytime I run this Application. Do you guys know if there's a quick way to hunt down all these invisible buttons/displays?

Thanks again!

The file is still too big to be uploaded here. So I uploaded on yousendit.com, and here's the link.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=VGlmV0p6VEhOMUNGa1E9PQ

I think I figure out what's wrong with the graphics. OkiePC, you're right about the multistates buttons/displays. Once I have them properly configured and linked to the right tags, they stop behaving abnormally. And the graphics are no longer running.

Now I have a new problem though. Looks like there are invisible buttons/displays that are linking to tags that are no longer available. The "diagnostics" screen pops up everytime I run this Application. Do you guys know if there's a quick way to hunt down all these invisible buttons/displays?

Thanks again!

I wouldn't say that it is quick..
If you can open a display, then under the "View" menu, there is an option for "Object Explorer"
This will display a window with every item on the screen listed.
You can the go through each item & check if the tagname is valid..

It may be handy to note down the actual message displayed by the diagnostic screen - this could help you find which tagnames are not valid.

Another method might be to create a valid tag - say call it "Valid_Tag" - and then use "Ctrl+A" to select all items on a display - then use the Tag find & replace function to replace all invalid tags with the one valid tagname - at least then the diagnostic screen should be happy.

Keep coming back here, we will get this sorted..

If you can open a display, then under the "View" menu, there is an option for "Object Explorer"
This will display a window with every item on the screen listed.
You can the go through each item & check if the tagname is valid..

Yeah it was definitely not quick. But I did manage to get all of them resolved. We just did a ran through of one of our sequences today and everything seem to work.

Thanks a lot to you guys for the help!