How to Fetch Controller Mode of Remote AB L8 PLC using CIP MSG

boxenough

Hello All,

is there any way to fetch remote controllers Mode Run/Remote Prog/Faulted etc. ( AB L8 Series) using CIP message, if yes please share some details.

PS: I don't have produce consume connection with this controller.

He actually gave out half of the secrets:
Service Code: 3
Class :1
Instance : 1
Attribute: 0

You are in trouble now, mister! :cry:

Rockwell PLCs support so-called GSV/SSV objects which are used for getting and setting system values. These functions can be address to objects in the local program, or though CIP messages to access from devices, including Rockwell processors, which are connected to the PLC through nay Rockwell network. Most commonly EtherNet/IP these days, but if the path is set correctly, though other networks as well.

The links below may be useful to you.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm015_-en-p.pdf

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1756-rm003_-en-p.pdf