How to post a rung of logic from RSLOGIX 5000 for review on here

ksa858

I am wanting to post a section of ladder logic from RSLogix5000 that I have questions about. I am unclear how to do this because I am assuming it has to be saved in jpeg or pdf format. Can someone tell me the procedure? Thanks.

I usually just use the Snipping tool in Windows to "snip" a snapshot of the rung I want and then save it as a JPG. The snipping tool is right on the start menu in Windows 7. I'm assuming there are a bunch of ways to skin the cat though.

An alternative is to double-click the rung's number which causes the mnemonics for the rung to appear above. Copy those and paste into a post. It sometimes helps if only a fussy picture can be posted.

Yet another method:

Pressing <CTRL> <PrtSCn> on your keyboard will take a snapshot of your computer screen. You can paste that into MSPaint, then resize and crop and add any notation you want directly to the image, then save it as a jpeg file.

And getpaint.net to replace clunky ole MSPaint.

It is like Paint, with some PhotoShop tools thrown in like layers and rendering.

Then when you add an image to a post, I have found that one pic by itself will automatically appear "inline" as in full size instead of as a link. If I attach multiple pictures, I have to copy and paste the url of the picture into the post in order to get them to appear inline.

Last edited: