How To restore FactoryTalk View Applications from (*.sed)file ?

yoofey

I used “Apllication Manager” and “Distributed Application Manager”,BUT
it didn't work!And my FactoryTalkView Studio sever with “neteork distributed” 。

20210906213257.jpg 20210906213311.jpg 20210906213556.jpg 20210906213657.png

You didn't mention your version of FT View. But ,in older versions there is a separate tool called the Distributed Application Manager. It is specifically for backing up and restoring FT View distributed type applications. Then there was another tool that was simply called Application Manager. It was used for "Local SE and ME type applications. Your screenshots are from this tool.

Newer FT View now have one tool for all SE applications and a separate tool for ME application. The SE tool is called "FactoryTalk View SE Application Manager".

If you don't have that tool, then use the Distributed Application Manager.

OG

To be clear...

Application Manager was originally intended for all backup and restore functions. It had an option for Distributed Applications. However, backing up SE distributed applications actually required the use of a separate tool call the HMI Server Backup and Restore. Plus, it required additional steps beyond that tool. This was obviously not ideal. It was a very clunky way to backup an application.

Distributed Applicaiton Manager was later added to backup and restore distributed applications. This tool did the job of backing up and restoring distributed applications without requiring any additional steps. However, there was still sometimes confusion since the older Application Manager tool was still necessary for View ME, or for SE local applications.

FactoryTalk View SE Application Manager is the newest of these tools and combines the previous all of the previous tools into one tool for all SE applications. There is a separate tool for View ME.

In your screenshots from post #1, you were using the oldest tool, the Application Manager. This tells me that your software probably is an older version and does not have the newest tool. Check to see if you have the Distributed Application Manager tool. Or, if not, look for the HMI Server Backup and Restore tool

OG

To be clear...

Application Manager was originally intended for all backup and restore functions. It had an option for Distributed Applications. However, backing up SE distributed applications actually required the use of a separate tool call the HMI Server Backup and Restore. Plus, it required additional steps beyond that tool. This was obviously not ideal. It was a very clunky way to backup an application.

Distributed Applicaiton Manager was later added to backup and restore distributed applications. This tool did the job of backing up and restoring distributed applications without requiring any additional steps. However, there was still sometimes confusion since the older Application Manager tool was still necessary for View ME, or for SE local applications.

FactoryTalk View SE Application Manager is the newest of these tools and combines the previous all of the previous tools into one tool for all SE applications. There is a separate tool for View ME.

In your screenshots from post #1, you were using the oldest tool, the Application Manager. This tells me that your software probably is an older version and does not have the newest tool. Check to see if you have the Distributed Application Manager tool. Or, if not, look for the HMI Server Backup and Restore tool

OG
Thanks a lot,BUDDY!

Thanks for your patience!After such an elaborate explanation ,finally I am kinda clear about this.

My FTV SE version is CPR9 SR9,the former guy who deployed this apllication had restored application by coping files from the local SE folder . So,now i can just restore “HMI Server(*.sed files )”,but “Tag Alarm and Event Server” and“RSlinx Enterprise Server” is gone!!!

What a terrible day!!!My server computers got hacked by ransomware/virus!!!All my original files have encrypted,and the file extension have replaced with [ [email protected]].Devos !

Thanks a lot!!!