How to test a 1747-SN RIO Scanner or Mettler Jaquar

Paul The scanner is in slot 6 but I didn't see any Block Transfers or old school M0:6 / M1:6.

Can the SLC talk on RIO without these?

Sure...just a limited conversation...
I have not used the Mettler Toledo RIO interface. I got a quote once, for a Checkmate RIO interface and installation plus keeping the technician over night for startup the next day...It ended up cheaper for me to build my own scale controller and do away with their stuff on my case checkweigher.

So, I don't know how their communications work, and doubt that manuals are readily available, but I would expect that the basic stuff is all there in the discrete I/O.

OK I have only used RIO in SLC on robots, PV and Flex. I didn't know it could do simple reading without the BTs.
I learned something new today. Hopefully I don't have to go back and so a SLC install any more.