How to test DNP3 communication protocol

naturephoenix

Hi

I've got the following equipment with me S7-1200 ->CPU 1212C(6ES7212-1AE40-0XB0) & CP DNP3 ->6GK7243-1JX30-0XE0.
It is still not clarified whether will I be master or slave in this communication but I would say slave.
I'll be honest and say that I don't know about this protocol and I start here on forum. I'm wondering are there some ways/applications that can actually act as DNP3 slave/master or something in order I can test my program.
Best Regards

I get it working as a Slave, but my simulator master can only read data from me. I have read a little bit and I have found this protocol was in the beginnings just for SCADA.

IS it possible that MASTER can not write data to SLAVE with DNP3

Similar Topics

Hi, I am using M221 reading from 3 different sensors (modbus rs485) sharing same bus (daisy chain). I am currently using READ_VAR (in total...
Replies
Views
I am trying motor startup with pf525 drive by using wizard start over ethernet communication but during direction test it's showing control error...
Replies
Views
See code at the bottom. Hi all. For the story, this is my first complete project using a Rockwell PLC, I've been mostly working with Unity Pro...
Replies
Views
My question is regarding the number of Test outputs vs the number of inputs in a module. In the case of a 1734-IB8S card, there are 4 test...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have to test a control logic that required to change the input temperature as the process variable from thermocouple transmitter on the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom