I am looking for software/cable for IMC S-class 4100-234-RL

See the links to manuals in your other thread. You can build a cable pretty easily and I am pretty sure at least one of those manuals will have the pinout.

See the links to manuals in your other thread. You can build a cable pretty easily and I am pretty sure at least one of those manuals will have the pinout.
What is the AB part no? 2711-NC13? I prefer to buy cables.What about the software? I am also looking to find somebody to test a 4100-234-RL to tell me if it is good or bad. Thank you.

sifis said:
What is the AB part no? 2711-NC13? I prefer to buy cables.
For serial? RS232?

Code:
IMC-S/23x RS-232
Serial Port Pinout
DB-9 Pin Signal Description
1        -      Do Not Connect
[B][U]2        TxD    Transmitted Data[/U][/B]
[B][U]3        RxD    Received Data[/U][/B]
4        DTR    Data Terminal Ready
[B][U]5        Com    Signal Common[/U][/B]
6        DSR    Data Set Ready
7        RTS    Ready To Send
8        CTS    Clear To Send
9        N/C    No Connection
[U]These are all you need...[/U]

sifis said:
What about the software?

I think the part number for the software was GMLCC, but it appears to be invalid using their web config tools.

Call your a/b distributor and ask them about it, and if they don't know or never heard of it, then call ab tech support to get part numbers/pricing info. You want "GML Commander", not GML-Ultra. I believe the last version released (~1999) was 4.03

I doubt that it's freely available for download though.

We were able to run it (5 years ago) on a Windows 2000 Professional machine so it may still work with XP.

sifis said:
I am also looking to find somebody to test a 4100-234-RL to tell me if it is good or bad. Thank you.

Contact K&S Services in Lawton ( 1-580-248-5655 )

They did all the repairs/testing for my previous employer (5 years ago), so they can probably perform the testing...not sure if we let them handle motion controllers back then...I think we sent our to A/B, but K&S did have an excellent staff and was set up for servo motor and amplifier testing.

For serial? RS232?

Code:
IMC-S/23x RS-232
Serial Port Pinout
DB-9 Pin Signal Description
1        -      Do Not Connect
[B][U]2        TxD    Transmitted Data[/U][/B]
[B][U]3        RxD    Received Data[/U][/B]
4        DTR    Data Terminal Ready
[B][U]5        Com    Signal Common[/U][/B]
6        DSR    Data Set Ready
7        RTS    Ready To Send
8        CTS    Clear To Send
9        N/C    No Connection
[U]These are all you need...[/U]

I think the part number for the software was GMLCC, but it appears to be invalid using their web config tools.

Call your a/b distributor and ask them about it, and if they don't know or never heard of it, then call ab tech support to get part numbers/pricing info. You want "GML Commander", not GML-Ultra. I believe the last version released (~1999) was 4.03

I doubt that it's freely available for download though.

We were able to run it (5 years ago) on a Windows 2000 Professional machine so it may still work with XP.

Contact K&S Services in Lawton ( 1-580-248-5655 )

They did all the repairs/testing for my previous employer (5 years ago), so they can probably perform the testing...not sure if we let them handle motion controllers back then...I think we sent our to A/B, but K&S did have an excellent staff and was set up for servo motor and amplifier testing.
I did all of the above without any success.
Thank you for the help.