I need experts help...

I spoke to siemens rep in my area, and he told me I am not being able to connect cause, I have downloaded microcomputing trail from the internet, therefore I have to purshase the software to be able to send real data to plc....

is this correct, is it because I downloaded the software from siemens web site I am not being able to communicate with my plc ?? and I have to buy it ??

you opinion is really important.

thanks.Farid

Hi Farid,

I had this error before when I use MicroComputing.

To correct this, you must follow the given instruction by siemens in the FAQ from the link I gave before.

It's a problem of size of your COM port buffer.
You need to set the lowest value in the receiving and sending buffer of your communication interface (COM1 for example)

I download as well from the website, I can use it during 5 minutes in demo mode before it ask for the licence number, so we buy a single licence.

Nicolas
-----------------------
French Student and PLC Beginner

Last edited:
hi Nicolas,

thanks for the reply,

I have followed the instructions given by the siemens web site, even though I am not using windows 95/ 98/ME , (I am using XP) I set the com buffer to the minimum ( the lowest) and still receiving that error
I can communicate with the plc when i am using microwin, but not microcomputing.

I am connecting my laptop to my plc via ppi cable, I drag SIMATIC data control( default name S7data1) and I also use some other controls like textbox, but I am not being able to browse the controler when I attenpt to define the data type to be read from the plc i.e vd10 ,mb5,etc

I am reading the manual every day and still not able to make it work ...i feel stupid :(

please help guys

Hi Farid,

I don't know if it's normal but It's disable on mine as well.
I did not try to find why because I assign directly the variable and not by the name of the variable I gave (I check with the symboltable from microwin)

Sorry, I can't help you of this problem

For the problem of connection, It was exactly the same message I had. I'm using win98 and I just change the size of buffers of my communication port and that's working after

Nicolas

Last edited:
ok thank you Nicolas you helped enough ...

I took my laptop and plc to siemens rep and he couldnt locate the problem, :D therefore I will purshase the software and if it works i will tell every body so they can be aware of this

thanks to all 🍺