I/P address of 1734-AENT/A

OK I am not sure anymore.

I did what I did (see previous comment) I then disconnected the Ethernet cable and my unit could not re-connect. I power cycled started down the garden path of never never land.

No mater what I did I could not get the point I/o to function correctly. Now I was using Logix Designer V28 and I had updated the 1734-AENTR to the latest revision (V5.012) Linx was V 3.81 and then there were none....

I rebooted into another version of Windows7 Professional I have controllogix V21 on this as well as RSLINX 3.74 and another version of BootP/DHCP. I started BootP/DHCP and it immediately seen the 1734-AENTR and I was able to assign it an address 192.168.100.23 with the thumbwheel set to 999. I rebooted into my second operating system and all is good now.

I hate this learning curve, note i had turned the computer on and off and kept hammering with my V28 it just did not work for me. Wasn't till i went back to the older versions that I got it to work.

I have UN-unplugged the Ethernet cable moved it to different receptacles (there are 2) I power cycled and the unit is stable and recovering nicely from either issues (that could happen in the field)

I gave up on Bootp with these devices. I change the IP to 192.168.1.x by setting the thumbwheel to a two digit number. Then I log onto the device with the web browser and change the IP address there. I turn power off to the 1734-AENT and then change the thumbwheel to a number greater than 255. Power back up the module and check to see if I have my IP address and it always seems to work. There is a quirk with the gateway that I remember correcting in linx when I would set the module for the correct number if I/O cards but I don't remember it clearly.