IEC Timer

Riche Robledo

Hi all, :confused:

How the IEC timer works?

I tried to simulate the IEC timer SFB4 in FB but it seems its hard for me to analyse where I configure the value of timer.

Ex. I store the value of T#1h30m to PT and ET is T#0ms
When I give a value of 1 to IN, the value of SFB4 timer immediately elapsed.

Is this not the same an ordinary timer of s5 timer like TON or TOF that you have to wait in every seconds? is there any misunderstanding that i have to know? Please share with me 🤾

I appreciate any suggestion, comments and answers,
RR

What version of plcsim are you using - older versions have a bug which means SFB4 does not work in plcsim.

What version of plcsim are you using - older versions have a bug which means SFB4 does not work in plcsim.

My Simatic Manager is STEP 7 V5.4 SP3.1. I cant see the version of my PLCsim, Maybe its the same because I open the plcsim when Simatic Manager is already opened.

Do you have any idea sir why the value of SFB4 timer immediately elapsed?
Where I store the Value of timer or I need first to declare to DB?

Thank you Sir, (y)
RR

Thank you very much to all of you guys....

When I downloaded the PLCSIM V5.4 + SP3, my problem is solved. I could simulate the IEC timer SFB4 now. Im happy because of this forum I've learned so much....

Respectfully yours,
RR

I love sequence control........