ifm o2d224 camera talks to 1768-L43S PLC

daniel yang

Hi,
Anybody has experience about setup communication between O2D224 camera and 1768-L43S PLC? My PLC software version is 19.11. Please let me know if I can I use this version to setup communication? I used the generic ethernet module to connect IFM camera. But I can not get the Tags what I need such as trigger and so on. If anyone knows, Please show me how to do it. Tanks!

Dan

Yes I did. I follow the instruction to set up the PLC. I am failed. The example is for version 20.01. I am not sure if It works for the version under 20.

Ifm

Hi, I can import the AOI and Add ladder element O2D_Read.I made a new tag such RH_g_camera as my one of camera. But I can not get required variable tag show as figure 21 attached. I am not sure how I can generate the required tags. could you show me how to do that? If you can, I will appreciate it!

IMG20220414103733.jpg IMG20220414103146.jpg IMG20220414103608.jpg IMG20220414103304.jpg IMG20220414103453.jpg

Can you see the sensor in RSLinx?
Are you on-line with the PLC?
Are all your IP addresses compatible?
I hope someone with better experience than I
is also reading this thread!:ROFLMAO:

Hi, I can import the AOI and Add ladder element O2D_Read.I made a new tag such RH_g_camera as my one of camera. But I can not get required variable tag show as figure 21 attached. I am not sure how I can generate the required tags. could you show me how to do that? If you can, I will appreciate it!

For each tag marked as 'required' you must supply a tag of the stated type. Reading and writing these tags will be how your logic interfaces with the AOI without you needing to deal with the AOI's internal logic.

For example, you would create a BOOL tag called 'CameraTrigger' (or whatever name you want) and assign that to the ixTrigger parameter. When you want the camera to take a picture your logic needs to set that bit high; the AOI will use that to actually trigger the camera assuming any other conditions are met.

Similarly, create another BOOL tag and assign it to the oxDONE parameter and when the camera is finished it will set that bit high so your logic can see that it is done.

(Check the manual for exact function of the parameters, I'm just going off the names).

tl;dr you need to create tags of the type shown in Figure 20 just as you would any other tags, then enter them in the appropriate parameters in the AOI.