Importing AB 6200 Documentation

controlled

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All.

I am trying to import Documentation from a program origianlly written with Ab 6200. I have uploaded the ladder program from the PLC 5 with RS Logix 5. I have been given a copy of the 6200 documents only(not the ladder program) In RS logix i go to Tools, DataBase, Native Import. Click Ab 6200 and select the *.op$ file from the floppy disk. I get the error "Cannot Import DataBase.
Any ideas how to fix this?

Can you get the provider of the documentation to export it to .csv, then import the .csv to your RS5?
You could also touch up the .csv to make it fit RS5's format if you needed to.

Someone here may have it or try your local A-B distributor. The product is not available anymore but its always possible someone has access to it for situations just like this.

I got the program from controlled, but unfortunately there seems to be an error with the .OP$ file.
I can import the .RSP file into 6200 (after saving it as .X5).
But the .OP$ gives an "INTERNAL DATABASE ERROR" in 6200, and the same error message in RSLogix5 as previously mentioned.

AB 6200 Software

Hello Controlled,

Have you tried this file with the AB 6200 software?
I have an old PC with AB 6200 sill running. I could try to open this file on this old PC to see if there is anything left working.

I have done that allready (but you are welcome to try as well of course).

What controlled has got is the program from the PLC without comments.
And then he has the comments file from 6200 ( .OP$).

Importing the .OP$ file into RSlogix fails with an error message.
And converting the .RSP program to .X5 and then import it into 6200 combined with manually copying the .OP$ file to the same directory as the program files, fails with another error message.

It appears that the .OP$ file is corrupted.