importing an updated AOI on a live Program

CarloA

Good Day All,

I currently have a request to update an AOI and a shutdown of the place it's to be updated has to be shutdown which is not preferable at the moment.

i have a ControlLogix v30 and i was wondering if i could update the AOI by importing it while online? will this update the AOI or it will get imported but it will be created as a separate AOI.

Hi Carlo,

Sadly, you cannot update the AOI online. If it was new, it would work - but importing an AOI with the same name will not work while online.
If you have to shut everything down, make sure that you upload and save - then its just a matter of re-downloading with your new AOI already added.

Good luck

How many instances? Import the modified AOI as a new one. Then replace online the old AOIs one by one throughout the program as necessary.