in WinCC computer OPC client or server running

arocon

I am novish in PLC. How can i understand that in my wincc computer OPC client or server is working? Why i asked this is , some signal are coming thru ABB optimax to WinCC computer. So can anyone tell me how to verify it?

With an OPC Test Client you can see which OPC servers are currently running on the PC. One such test client is the OPC Scout that you probably can find in the Simatic Net folder in the Windows Start menu.

On the PC, there is probably an OPC Server for ABB Optimax.
WinCC is probably setup to be an OPC Client.

Similar Topics

is it possible to change the computer name of a PC with WinCc advanced v13?
Replies
Views
Hi! Our customer wants to operate his machine from his computer. In TIA there is only WinCC Basic if I have understood it correctly. I figured...
Replies
Views
Guys, I have really weird problem and hope some of you'll be able to help. Basically, there is one S7-300 PLC (CPU 315-2DP). There are two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I made a simple WinCC project (example from WinCC getting started) on my computer and I simply copied whole project from WinCCProjects folder...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a db which is 1000 INT, and this db is represented in WinCC as a raw data type set of 5x 400 Bytes. This set is read with a script...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom