infared signaling

What if someone standing in the path where the IR has to "look" ?
Must be as least as inconvenient as a cable getting in the way.

I would consider some kind of radio transmitter/reciever, even though it opens up for other issues and expenses.
I can't locate the not-so-expensive Banner radio transmitters that Terry mentioned.

Oooops... I had "Banner-on-the-Brain"...(maybe the "B" in "Brain" should be lower-case...), lot's of sensor-work goin' on at work.

The Digital/Analog Transmitter/Receiver sets that I was thinking of are from Pheonix Contacts. Go to Pheonix and search for "RAD".

And JesperMP,

You are absolutely correct about the problems associated with "line-of-site" communications. All it takes is for the TX/Rx to be misaligned by just enough or for the plant manager to bring a party of Basketball players through on a tour.

Also,... While I did incorrectly reference Banner, I did not say the price was "not-so-expensive". I said, "...the price ain't that bad."

As I recall, (and I don't put much stock in my "recall") the price was in the $1200 to $1500 range.

Relatively speaking, that is, in terms of "Return on Investment", $1200 to $1500 does fall into the catagory of "not-so-expensive".

(353), oops, I mean (355) Hi, Eric.

353 is the smallest number whose 4th power can be written as the sum of 4 4th powers.
Oops, I mean 355 is the number of labeled topologies with 4 elements.
I think I'll head over to the AD forum and ask Tuffy 'bout this...
17.gif

Hey, if nothing else, I'm learning interesting facts about certain numbers!... :cool:

beerchug

-Eric

GOOD FOR YOU, ERIC!

BTW, There is a rationale.

Also, BTW, if you really think you have it, PM me instead of posting it.

We wouldn't want to discourage those other possible thinkers out there.

Hats off to you for the pursuit!

I be the Fox, you be the Beagle. Catch me if you can!

(373)

Last edited:
We use wi-fi here at work to communicate between a Logix 5k and a CEC BattleBot (AGV).

Works most of the time unless you count the crashes... :)

Post back if you want part numbers.

John