Inrush Current, Stadium Floodlighting

CaseyK said:
Electricity is becoming too expensive.

Project is becoming too complicated.

Solution = Daylight Games Only!

Our power is damn cheap, so therefore not even an issue! They like to over complicate things here, because then there's no-one to fix it when it's borken!

Even in daylight people get crushed to death here at stadiums... we are nervous about the 2010 soccer world cup. We had the lights go out on a major cricket game recently, and we have had power cuts across the country because the demand is higher than supply.

But at least it is beautiful and sunny during the day! ;)

Latin,

Sure, post your final solution. A pdf file type is good for nearly everyone to be able to read it. I would like to see your solution, and it may help someone else working on this problem in the future.

I have no idea why, but every time I used latching I landed up with all outputs going high... strange.
When using a latch that must be set to prevent the next circuit from starting, and then reset after 3 minutes, the locations of the Timer and the Reset instruction are important. If you place the Reset rung at the top of the program, below the 3-minute timer, it may not work correctly.

Last edited: