InSQL status in Wonderware Intouch

kudave88

I want to set up tags in Intouch that will connect to the system monitor tags within InSQL to monitor the status of the system (running, acquistion, etc). I've checked out Tech Note 154, but that looks like it deals more with historical tags. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

So I followed the example at the bottom of technote 154 and have a working solution by doing a SQLSelect and SQLLast command within a condition script (when $Second == 0). Is there another way without having to use the SQL commands?

Create an access name with application as "INSQLIOS" and topic as "tagname." You should then be able to access any of the InSQL tags as item name including their internal tags SYSxxxx.

I knew there had to be an easier way. However, I am still having issues seeing the status tags. I created an Access Name "INSQL" using Application Name "INSQLIOS" and topic name "Tagname". It is also set up to use "SuiteLink" and "Advise only active items". Lastly, the InSQL server resides on another computer so I enter that computer name into Node Name. I have created tags using this Access Name for SysDataAcq2, SysConfiguration, and SysPulse to test it out and cannot read any data. Is there any other configuration that I am missing?

Thanks!

Your setup appears to be correct. Are you able to ping the remote node by name?

Also, what version of InSQL are you running? I think the latest version 9 has a different application name.

Running version 9. Configured application name as "aahiosvrsvc" instead of "INSQLIOS" per tech note 35 and works great. One issue I see with this setup is that if the InSQL node shuts down, the status tags (SysDataAcq2 for ex.) remain ON.

I set up the system to check the SysPulse tag as a watchdog. This will do unless you know of any other method to verify that InSQL is up and running properly.

Thanks again for your help!

Glad to hear you got it working. Yes, the tags will remain in it's last value if you lose communication. This will happen with all other IO servers as well.

I have a WW/InSQL ver 9 environment here as well. I would very much like to setup an app (is this MS Access Kudave88?) to monitor the 'health' of our InSQL Server. Do you have anything you can share with me Kudave88?

Thanks for any help you might offer.

I didn't setup an extra app...it's all setup in the Intouch environment. I set up an Access Name called "InSQL" with application name "aahiosvrsvc", topic name "Tagname", use "SuiteLink" & "Advise only active items", and if the InSQL server resides on another computer then enter that computer name into Node Name.

Created a Tag "SysPulse" using the above "InSQL" as the Access Name then set up an application script that checks to see if that tag changes over a given time period. If it stays the same, then you know you have a problem.

This is just a simple way to check the status...there are other status tags that I haven't had the time to look into yet.

Hope that helps...

Thank you

Thanks for the quick replies. I will work to accomplish what I can, but may ask for help/advice from time to time. Its nice to know there are always people out there willing to give a helping hand. :geek: