Installing Firmware Compactlogix

Joel201

Good day,

I need some help in regards of firmware installation. My PLC is 1768-L43 and i have a 1768-ENBT module. Can i install the firmware via ethernet connection?
or do i need to install it using the built in serial port? thanks for helping.🤞🏻

The ethernet module is the prefered way to flash a Compactlogix. You CAN flash it via the serial port(OR USB port the new on new models) if you have A LOT of spare time.

Yes you can flash via the Ethernet module, you just have to assign it an address first either using BootP or via the controllers serial port.

What firmware are you flashing? I have a firmware image for a compact flash card that will allow you to flash it to V20 via the compact flash card. Basically you extract a zip file to the root of the card, plug it in, cycle power and let it flash.