Installing Step 7

Dua Anjing

o_O
I have (finally) managed to install Step 7 2006 professional SR2 on my PC at work. I say finally because it was a difficult install. The Install would hang during the "common components" section of the porcess. After a few phone calls I was sent a link to another forum where there were numerous suggestions on how to get around this issue. I tried all of their suggestions.

- Removed my compter from network - didn't help
- Re-installed windows and installed Step 7 first. didn't help
- Disabled Firewalls/anitvirus software didn't help
- Remove a particluar entry form registry - entry didn't exist !
- Once install hangs stop unnecessary services as required

THIS ONE WORKED !!! I installed software again and this time when it stalled I opened Control Panel\Services and startred stopping services. I tried to be selective as to which services I stopped. After I had stopped approx 10 services the Install started up again and continued without error thru to the end. The particluar applet that it had stalled at was "Simatic Net SNPB COMP Setup".

Has anyone had similar problems with installing S7 ? I even succesfully installed this version on 3 other PC's just to prove that install disks were OK.

I just had the same problem installing RSLinx - couldn't fis it until I read your post, this time is was a RS service. Thanks!
Peter