Problem installing Step 7

Dariusch

Hi All,

I have a problem installing Step 7.
I got Win XP SP1, Step 7 V5.3 incl. SP2.

I have had install the software a year ago and since then the software was in the box.
Now I am trying to install again on my laptop byt I get an Error. Have also tried install on an other pc with no luck.
I maby think it is the CD-rom that is defect.!?!?

The Error message:

S7instal.GIF

Translatet: "Only a part of ReadProcessMemory- or WriteProcessMemory- request was carry through."

I can not se how the CD-rom could get defect only by beeing in a box.

Hope someone has any idea what to do.

Thank you

Dariusch

Ok did install the Step7 now....

But still don't know what og why I can't install in normal way.

I had to browse the CD, then run the setup.exe for the "Disk1" manually.
Also I had to upgrade the XP to SP1. I do not whant to upgrade to SP2, because of my Citect and other programs. They do not like SP2.

Dariusch

Sometimes a CD will get dirty or scratched and you have to play around to get it to install. Try cleaning the CD with warm water and soap...better yet to help remove scratches use standard toothpaste, toothpaste will have a mild grit too it that will remove surface scratches. Fingerprints are oily so leave an unseen residue on CDs, soap and water will remove those.

In many cases read errors are a dirty or scratched CD>