Installing step7 professional 2010 and WinCC Flex

interlock

Dear experts,

Two queries:

1) Step7 professional 2010 has to be installed on a PC with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

Later, step 7 v5.5 will be upgraded with the newer releases Service Packs (SP1/SP2). But these service packs are ONLY service packs - I mean its NOT a complete package of step7 v5.5 SP1 or Step7 v5.5 SP2 - they are just SP1 and SP2 upgrades ONLY.

2) WinCC Flex 2008 basic software (I mean only the "root" software) has to be installed on a PC with Win 7 ultimate 32 bit. Later it will be upgraded with SP1/SP2 (but again ONLY Service packs, not an integrated / complete wincc flex 2008 SP1 or wincc flex 2008 SP2 and so on).

Possible?

Please advice.

If the service packs were downloaded from Siemens, the original software must be installed first. If you received new install media via a SUS, you should be able to install only the SP, it will be a complete install package.

If you have multiple SP's you only need to install the latest one.