• All Lower Case

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First Letter of Each Word Caps

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Mix of All the Above

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We use all caps, some of us can't see as well as we used to.

I wrote one program 10+ years ago with little or no comments and everyone gave me the best reviews saying that the comments were pointless.

I had to trouble shoot that same program recently, real pain.
a few lines of english comments will take hours off of trouble shooting, doesn't matter what everyone else thinks! I wrote the program and had to figure it out!
everyone loved it, but years later, i lost that page in my memory bank.

regards,
james

I write coments in sentence form, but only write coments for sections of code. Example: The next 3 rungs control when motor 1 comes on in auto mode.

RS Logix 500 automatically makes your symbol names all caps so I just leave it that way.

On HMI's and RS5000 I use CamelCaps. I also use an underscore when adding things like HMI Example: HMI_PushButton

One thing I like to see is meaning in symbols. This is to me the most important. If you use the corrrect symbol name it tell alot about what the program is doing.

I typically write in sentence case but I mix caps in as well. For example I might say "When the LEADING_EDGE_LIMIT (I:6/2) detects a part....". I use the caps for the symbol names to make them stand out in my rung coment.

OG

I like comments, to explain certain things, but having them for easy stuff just causes it took take longer to scroll down. If I'm troubleshooting, I'll be on-line, and scrolling, and looking at the status of the I/O, not comments.

I do like the idea of first rung subroutine comments.