Intellution Fix 7.0 database help

yakov

Hey all,

I am working on extracting tag addresses out of a fix v7.0 system for the first time, which ran off a siemens PLC. In the database builder, some of the tags using the siemens driver use what seems like a internal tag address and i cannot find the tags origin anywhere to a plc type address???
Can anyone possibly give me a advanced guide/description with the way fix 7.0 uses addressing???

Cheers!

Are you sure it's not using the "SIM" (FIX internal simulation) driver ? Otherwise please post a screen print or the address shown in the database block.

Hey mate,
Yes it is using the internal simulation. For example, there is a tag which has the "elapsed time" referencing SIM address 901 in an analog input block.
From this tag, two other tags are created using a calculation block which is ok.
What i am wondering is where do i go from the "901" address - how can i find what "writes" to this address.

ill post up a screen shot.

Thanks!

intellution database builder

The image attached shows the "first block in the chain". It references SIM address 901. is there a way to find what writes to address 901 to ultimately lead me to the PLC address it is linked to.

Cheers.

tag1.jpg

Its not a PLC address its internal to Intellution's database.
The manual mode is an indication that its probably being written to within Intellution from some picture.

See text below, its an exerpt from the electronic books that should have come with your on your Intellution CD.

If you have the the Intellution Electronic books look under the Database builder manual section 3.10 Using the Simulation Driver.

Using the Simulation Driver (SIM)

Your FIX software comes with a simulation driver (SIM) that allows you to determine how well chains react to critical plant interrupts (such as power losses and high process variables) before you connect to real I/O. The SIM driver can also generate a repeating pattern of random and predefined values to help you test your chains and detect and display acknowledged and unacknowledged alarms in the database.

The SIM driver is a matrix of addresses. Database blocks read values from and write values to the addresses. If one block writes to a specific address, other blocks can read the same value from the same address.

To use the SIM driver, enter SIM in the primary block's Device field. The format for the address field is shown below:

register:bit

For analog values, the register ranges from 0 to 2000. The bit is not used.

For digital values, the register ranges from 0 to 2000. The bit is 0 to 15. The full range of register/bit settings is 0:0 to 2000:15.

Last edited:
To satisfy yourself that this block hasn't been used in conjunction with another block you could export the PDB into a csv file.
Open up the CSV and search for K5SQ10_T2E