Interfacing a PH probe into a s7 216 w/ 235 analog

vdc24

I was wondering if anyone had any experience on interfacing and programming a ph probe into an input on the 235 analog expansion module on a s7 216.

I know its not as simple as putting a probe on there, what is involved?

I don't know what the 235 module is, but interfacing a pH transmitter isn't going to be any different than any other analog device. I've done it with other PLC brands. You just need to make sure your pH transmitter output range matches the analog input card.

If you want to connect the pH probe directly without going through a transmitter from the probe manufacturer you are out of luck.

Have you had any experience with a Barben Anylazers B20 probe to plc interface. It allows you to interface a normal bnc style probe into this interface that amplifies the signal and transmits it at a 4-20mv range to the analog inputs of a plc.

The only problem I'm seeing with this is there sales department will not contact me. I've sent them two emails and called twice. Does anyone know of any other manufactures of a product like this.

Heres the link

http://www.bat4ph.com/bat/b20.htm

Thank you in advance guys, I'm trying to find the lowest cost method of getting these probes on the PLC.

Roy

I've never used a device of this type. I have always used the pH probe with the analyzer/transmitter provided by the manufacturer.