Interfacing AB Micrologix & Siemens Protool

lucifer

hello there,
can someone tell me how to interface allen bradley Micrologix 1500 LRP series C PLC with Siemens Protool for runtime data exchange......i have gone through 2 optins....
1. Prosoft's protocol convertor
2. installin rockwell's driver on the hos PC

but none of it i've seen implemented......if anyone of u can enlighten me on this issue or any other means of doin it....

thanx

Hello, Lucifer;

Protool/Pro has integrated DF1 and DH-485 drivers that should allow you to connect directly to the comm ports of Allen-Bradley PLCs, including the Micrologix family, either through a standard RS-232 cable, or a RS-485 network.
Open the Protool help files and search for "Configuration", and look for Allen-Bradley topics. You should have no trouble finding adequate data.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier