Interrupts in S7-1200

Rushome

Hi

I'm using a HSC interrupt so that when the counter reference value is reached my interrupt block runs and sets an output then writes a new reference value to the high speed counter, when the new value is reached it runs again and switches the output off and resets my reference value to start the cycle again. My question is can I reliably use a timer in this interrupt OB. I'm not sure if I can as the block only runs once everyone the RV is reached.

Any info would be appreciated. :)

You are correct, you shouldn't use a timer in that OB. It runs once every time the correct value is reached.

What you should do is set a bit which triggers a timer running in your normal code (Main Program OB).

Similar Topics

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/109480387/how-do-you-implement-module-and-channel-diagnostics-in-the-user-program-of-the-simatic-s...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is it possible to distinguish what caused a diagnostic interrupt? For example, on a remote IO station I have a rack that has a IM155-5 PN HF...
Replies
Views
hi , I am beginner in programming in PLC. I created some programs where I used technology motion ( with stepper motor and drive with motor DC). I...
Replies
Views
Hello again! Working on a S5-95 project (again). Out of the blue, the PLC enters STOP mode. The malfunction, according to ISTACK, was caused by...
Replies
Views
If I have a FM352 camcard that triggers hardware interrupts on camtracks, and a new hardware interrupt from a camtrack is triggered while OB40 is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom