InTouch Realtime Trends

Furbs

Hey guys, I use this website all the time for PLC help, but this is the first time I've actually had to post something.

I am using InTouch 10.5, not Archestra, and trying to make generic PID popups to be used for all 150 PID loops. In the past, unique PID popups have used, but this time I am trying to avoid it. We want to be able to open many popups at a time.

Currently I am using indirect tags with a dynamic referencing to move the appropriate tags to a PID_1, PID_2, or PID_3, etc holding variables. The largest issue I am having with this is that I just realized that the realtime trend keeps logging the value of the last PID that it loaded. So that when you pull up the trend, it will show the value from the previous value loaded and then start updating.

My question is: Is there a way to start with a clean trend or reset the trend when I open it? Otherwise I will have to go back to using unique popups. I like having everything dynamic, so I really don't want to do that.

Also, if anyone has any tips or tricks to making 1 popup used multiple times, I would appreciate it as a bonus. I have a method that I think I can iron out, but I seem to keep running into InTouch limitations. It has been hard to search for answer now that everyone has moved onto Archestra. (yes we are talking about upgrading to Archestra as well)

Thanks all

In this situation I would use a historical trend and just update it every second from the while showing script to make it behave like a real time trend.
Just set the pens using indirects on show.

You are on the right track, just some fine tuning to get there.
There are a couple of ways, send me a pm & I will dig out an example over wknd.