Intouch system platform

asaplc

i want to know the difference between:

InTouch 2012 Runtime 60K Tag with I/O
InTouch 2012 Runtime 60K Tag without I/O

Your Attention is highly appreciated

Neither are system platform.
The version without I/O means that it does not include an I/O server license. So there must be another I/O server on your network somewhere.

Or the IO server could also be install n the same PC as Intouch Runtime Key.
This No IO Server based license is also used when you want to buy the IO Server from another supplier, like Software toolbox, Matrikon, Kepware....etc.

If I "read between the lines" on your request...
You may have these 2 licenses as a pair, and you can run 1 PC with the Intouch app using the "InTouch 2012 Runtime 60K Tag with I/O" license. This PC has the Intouch IO Server installed.
Then use the "InTouch 2012 Runtime 60K Tag without I/O" license on another PC with Intouch installed and you point the "Access Name" of the IO tags in this Intouch app to the IO server on the other PC by setting the "Node Name" of the pc with the IO server.
You connect the pcs on a network and the Intouch app running the "Without IO server" license connects to the IO server on the PC running the IO server.

The IO Server can even be installed on a Remote PC or server and accessed by both PCs.
You have purchased the 1 instance of IO Server install, but it can be accessed by more than 1 device.

Alternately, you can also use "Remote Referencing" in the Intouch app without IO Server to talk to the same tags on the other Intouch app that has the IO server license.

And so on, and so on, and so on....a few ways to utilize he combination of the 2 licenses as a pair,

Last edited: