IO still not Responding after Inhibiting Safety Module

dan296

Hello,

I am working with ControlLogix on one of our cells. We were replacing one of our Robots, so we had IO not responding obviously for the specific ethernet safety module for that robot. When we inhibited the module, we were still receiving IO not responding. We checked all of our IO modules and the GSV values for all modules so we verified nothing else was wrong. When we plugged our new robot back up, IO Ok came back on.

My question is why were we still receiving IO Not responding for our safety IO module when we had it inhibited. Our theories are:

1) maybe we had to reset ownership of the module after inhibiting it
2) maybe we had to inhibit the parent module as well due to the fact it was a child safety module.