IO tables with cx-programmer

The PLC doesnt seem to use it, as the PLC is only on when the mains power is on.
The battery is used to maintain the program memory when the power is off.

Fairly certain the battery is a 3.6vdc lithium. You should be able to check it with a voltmeter. Or check the low battery bit (253.08). You can open a Watch window at the bottom of the screen and add this address. You must be on line to see the status. If the bit is on, the battery is low.

How do you reinstall the memory unit? take it out, wait a bit and put it back in?
You are correct.

What is the difference in the run lights on the CPU and the LK201?

Run indicator (going from memory) on the LK201 means it is powered up and can communicate with the cpu. Run indicator on the cpu means the cpu is scanning logic. If Run light is out on cpu, no outputs will turn on.

Hope this will help.

youre absolutely right with it being a problem with the PLC, I managed to get another one, and it works just fine, my single line of lagger logic works great, with all the right lights coming on at the right times.

Thanks so much for suggesting it as I could have been floundering for ages. All thats left now is to write the program itself!

Regards,

Awt