Is Codesys broken wrt the Left-to-Right, Top-to-Bottom convention for Ladder in some cases?

I also do not get the same results as the original post. I am using Windows.

Also Brian, I do not understand how your compiler lets to assign ton0.Q to a coil. ton0.Q is an output of the timer on FB, so I got an error when I tried to build my program as shown in your post.

1712062523789.png

Also Brian, I do not understand how your compiler lets to assign ton0.Q to a coil. ton0.Q is an output of the timer on FB, so I got an error when I tried to build my program as shown in your post.
although it should be possible in any sane PLC programming environment (as it's only a memory bit, so why not), ton0.Q is not assigned to a coil in my program.

My program declares a BOOL called ton0Q (not ton0.Q) and uses it to map the timer-expired state, just in case the Codesys timer functions work in the same (IMNSHO) poorly-designed fashion as Siemens timer functions i.e. evaluate the timer object's internal state at each reference to the object asynchronously with the TON instruction.

My program declares a BOOL called ton0Q (not ton0.Q) and uses it to map the timer-expired state, just in case the Codesys timer functions work in the same (IMNSHO) poorly-designed fashion as Siemens timer functions i.e. evaluate the timer object's internal state at each reference to the object asynchronously with the TON instruction.
Oh, I did not see that...
But anyways, I cannot reproduce your results.

Can reproduce with Ladder (LD2) but not with Ladder Logic Diagram (LD).

I don't have the wording of IEC-61131-3 on ladder execution order, but it does contradict codesys's help page 'A branch splits the processing line into two or more branches which are executed in succession from top to bottom.'.

I would say it is a bug in the new ladder, report it to CODESYS Store North America > My Question > Bug Report.
Always anticipate bugs with anything at version 1.0.0.0

If you go to installer, change, browse, search, you can search for LD to install the old ladder.

1712255141283.png

I was surprised when I saw the new Ladder. In the version that I use it does not show as "LD2". I guess for the latest version they changed the name to somewhat distinguish it. I find the new LD2 difficult to use. Perhaps I am so used to the other.
I wonder why this was introduced in CODESYS.

I am also not a fan, takes more time to program, too many places to click in a network.

I do find it similar although somehow worse than TIAs ladder editor.