is developing HMI possible?

taknevs

hi
i am working with Micrologix 1200 PLCs using RSLogix500 and RSLinxLite. I have just started to experiment new stuff (new for me) like developing a HMI application. Is it possible to create HMI using VB having just RSLogix500 and RSLinxLite.
thanks for the help
regards
taknevs

I'm pretty sure that in linx lite you can't use it for odbc. Which would be from what I kow the easiest way to get data. As far as sending data good luck . I would think that you would have to reverse engineer the way rslogix "talks" to the proc when on-line. then apply that to you're project.

Rolling your own for the most part aint worth it.

But with the micrologix that protocol form may be published so it may not be to bad. This has come up before. did you search this site??

Drewcrew6

seppoalanen you're right I couldn't recall the exact nanmes and that sounded right. Its been a long week with lots of lost sleep (my family of 6 is all sick including me).

I'm pretty sure anything above linx lite supports that but it also costs money.

Drewcrew6

Hello! As a matter of fact I do that using AB Micrologix 1200 PLCs, VB6 and serial communication via DF1 protocol to/from a PC. You need to get the DF1 protocol and examine the communications. There were several example programs showing how to communicate via DF1 to AB products laying around on the web, they may all be gone by now but here is a good place to start:

http://www.alecmcnamara.freeserve.co.uk/micrologix/

Similar code can be adapted to talk to the 1200 easily. If I can be of further help let me know.

David ;)