Is it Possible to command a PLC using a VB.Net program

Shashwat

Hello Guyz,

This is Shashwat, I am new here, and really need your help..

So the thing is I am working on a project and have developed an Application on Visual Basic which can
1. Read the data being sent by an AB PLC to the Serial Port
2. Add it to a database
3. Retrieve the data from the database
4. Decides whether to perform a particular action or not

Now, the next step is to tell the PLC to trigger the action, if the PC decides to do so... Please let me know if it is at all possible, and if yes, what are the ways of communicating this command to the PLC

Thank you for your time in Advance :)

I need to tell the PLC to turn the pneumatic device on i.e. give a digital 1 output at one of the output ports of PLC...

The best way would be to add a rung to your PLC program that will let B3/0 control the output:
Code:
  B3/0                                     O:0/0
---] [---------------------------------------( )-

Then you can use AdvancedHMI to set the value of B3/0

- Open AdvancedHMI in Visual Studio
- Build the solution
- Add an EthernetIPforSLCMicro if using Ethernet or a DF1Com is using serial
- Set the properties on the driver
- Add a Basicbutton to the form and set PLCAddressClick to B3/0
- Run the application and click the button to make sure that much works

If that much works, you can then use your code to set the bit:

EthernetIPforSLCMicroCom1.Write("B3/0","1")