Is it possible to send txt to cell phone?

Same as Ken....$304.00, I have two now, they both work great...elevmike gave me the link

This is why PLCs.net is great, we can share :D ...now if I can just get them plc things to work :D

Glad to see its working for ya Ken
:site:

Good news,

We had a customer spec out a raco chatterbox lst year and it was like $1500. Will deffinately look into the Viking, getting a quote now.
Marc

Ken and GIT,

Got the Viking autodialer, was installed in a panel when I was in L.A. last week so now I get to go play with it on site later this morning. Looks pretty straight forward. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Thanks for the tip

Marc

Marc,

These work great, but my advise is to downoad the programming software and program it with your PC or Laptop rather then using a DTMF phone. A real time saver. If your using voice messages, after your done programming the various outputs, you can then use the DTMF phone to record the voice messages.

Good luck with it. Mike

Thanks elevmike,

I wasn't aware there was a programming software package for it. I should have thanked you in my previous post because I think Ken or GIT mentioned that you gave them the tip. Anyway, all went well, customer had a PBX phone line connected and power available and an standard telephone avaialable. I hooked it up, programmed the number, recorded a message, plugged it into the PBX and tested the setup. Worked like a charm. The only problem I had was that our guy in the shop wired the alarm inputs directly to a PLC output which was commoned to a 24vdc circuit, so i pulled the wires and added two interposing relays to give the Viking a dry contact closure.

Works great, thanks for the insight and the tip. Saved a ton of money.

Marc

I found it,

The unit we used was a k-202-dva which is even less expensive the the k-2000-dva and it has two inputs 7 numbers each and no rs-232 connection. I think it was less than 200 dollars but I'll check on that when i get to work.

I think the 202 is new.

Marc

elevmike said:
... Laptop rather then using a DTMF phone...

Mike,
The advantage of the phone over the laptop, 'when you get frustrated and need to hit something...the phone is cheaper :D'

Marc,
Glad to see its working good

The only thing I did not like about it...my voice, I hear myself all over the place, on the radio, phone, intercom...

geniusintraining said:
Mike,
The advantage of the phone over the laptop, 'when you get frustrated and need to hit something...the phone is cheaper :D'

Marc,
Glad to see its working good

The only thing I did not like about it...my voice, I hear myself all over the place, on the radio, phone, intercom...

Get HAL to do a voice over

HAL.jpg

Most recored voices sound much different then in real life. Personally I'm not a big fan of my own recorded voice either.

You can also use these devices as anouncers. Some years ago I paid a girl a few hundred to record about 100 messages using MS Voice Pilot. I then play the approperate voice message into the Viking device. When the app dosnt require a nice sounding voice I use my own.

Dear Ken,

You can use **** module to send alarm massage to cell phone, but you need to put a SIM card in this module. See the attached file.

Regards,
KRA.