is the free demo download of RSLogix5000 suddenly gone away? ...

Ron Beaufort

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm super tired right now – so maybe I'm just missing it – but did Allen-Bradley take away the free demo download of RSLogix5000 that used to be located at the following link? ...

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwellsoftware/design/rslogix5000/overview.page#

I don't personally need it – but I was telling a guy how to download it for the 90 day free trial ... we couldn't find it – and I'm pretty sure it was there just a few weeks ago ...

even the "related" Start Page videos seem to be gone too – in spite of the link at the right side of the page ...

if the RSLogix5000 demo is still available somewhere, someone please point me in the right direction ...

we're not trying to "cheat" or "pirate" – just to test drive the free 90 day temporary download ... my understanding was that it wouldn't actually go "online" with a processor – but it still might be handy to someone just wanting to see what the software looked like ... I think it was version 17 – but I could be wrong ...

thanks ...

Hi Ron:

The AB/RA Knowledgebase Article (56122) points to the same URL. However, I get a Page Not Found Error. The only Videos I could find were for FactoryTalk despite several Searches for 5000 Videos pointing to the Start Page. Hopefully, they are just redoing their Web Pages.

Stu....

Last edited:
thanks Stu ...

yes, those are the videos I remember seeing before - thanks for the new link ...

I'm hoping that the software itself has also just been moved to some new location - but I've got a bad feeling that it's been taken away ...

I'm going to get some sleep ...

I still have a copy of the free "RSLogix5000_v17_Demo.zip". I suppose it would be legal to pass on this old free file, even if it is no longer available from Rockwell.

My guess is that RA got tired of fielding "my free copy doesn't go online" and "my free copy won't install on Windows 7" and "my free copy won't work with my new CompactLogix" and "where's the free copy of v21" phone calls.