Issue with IP configuration of compact logix

rejoe.koshy

hey guys,
I have L32E compact logix processor installed in my facility & it happened to fail abruptly.Subsequently I replaced it with a new processor & then updated the firmware & downloaded the program.
Now I notice that whenever I recycle power the "MS" led on the controller flashes green for a while & then becomes steady , post which the link LED starts blinking & ethernet communication begins.

This was not the case with the previous controller.I tried assigning IP with BOOTP & RSLOGIX 5000 but to no avail!...

Refered to the manual & it says "contoller does not have IP, verify BOOTP server is running"..

Pls help!!!

I have tried doing that but didnt see any difference! I dont know whether its the switch the controller is connected to or the ethernet cables!!..no idea at all

Last edited:
You can set the address with DHCP but it won't necessarily stick unless you go online to the processor use the the Set IP command and untick the DHCP and BootP options.

Sometimes turning it off from the DHCP server works, but not always.